Links for Recycling
These links will help you with recycling a variety of items, from appliances to batteries.
- Toxic Waste Collection Centers
- Toxic waste includes paints, pesticides, fertilizers and used oil.
- Pull the Plug
- How to save energy by unplugging certain appliances when not in use.
- Electronic Devices
- Electronics may contain toxic heavy metals and known carcinogens. They should not be thrown away with your regular trash. Many retail stores such as Best Buy will recycle electronics. Here is a link that may pay you for your used electronic devices.
- No free lunch! Compact fluorescent lightbulbs can reduce your electricity usage, but they contain small amounts of mercury, so must be disposed of carefully. This site has information on recycling many items.
- Athletic Shoes
- Athletic shoes can be recycled into different types of padding, such as running tracks, and tennis and basketball courts. The company will take any brand of athletic shoe.
- Single-use batteries and some other types of batteries can be recycled at the Washington County landfill site, as well as many other items.
- Battery Recycling Site
- This is a private company that recycles batteries.