What are you looking for?
Use the links at the left to find information!
- EBSCOhost is a comprehensive, reference database with full text content that you can't find over the Internet. It contains magazine articles, business publications, company profiles, health pamphlets, full text newspapers, images and maps, biographies, and reference/travel books. The other databases the library subscribes to on EBSCO are: Searchasaurus, Kids Search, Student Research Center, EBSCOhost Espanol, Automobile Repair, Hobbies & Crafts, and Home Improvement.
The Kalona News, 11/1891-12/2012 is now digitized and available to the public. This was made possible by a grant from the Kalona Library Foundation and the Washington Riverboat Foundation. The newspaper site features word-searching by using Optical Character Recognition technology. Searching by date is also available. Internet Explorer and Firefox browsers are recommended for optimal results.
- Zinio(e-magazines) is the world's largest newsstand-- enjoy reading full color digital magazines from your library! Browse from our library's collection of popular titles with no holds, no checkout periods, and no limit to the number of magazines you can download. The digital magazines are available to read through a downloadable app or on the computer. Zinio is compatible with the iPad, iPhone, Android, Mac & PC.
Note: Patrons will create a total of TWO (2) accounts; a Library Collection account to check out magazines; and a Zinio.com Reader account to read checked out magazines via streaming online with computers and/or downloaded offline via mobile apps.
- Learning Express is an interactive online platform that provides the most comprehensive selection of career and academic resources available to empower people for job preparation, career advancement, college readiness, academic success, and skills mastery in math, reading, writing, grammar, and vocabulary. Additional features of Learning Express include Job & Career Accelerator, software tutorials, and introductory training courses on how to use a computer, search the internet and take advantage of social networking.
- Use Iowa Locator or WorldCat to find books, CDs, DVDs and other items in libraries
- Use HealthInfoIowa to start your search for health information
- Iowa Heritage Project and Iowa Publications Online can help you dig deep into all things Iowa.
- Wilbor is the place to download audiobooks and ebooks!
The subject guides give you a great place to find information on travel, sports, consumer goods and more.
"Library: here is where people,
One frequently finds,
Lower their voices
And raise their minds."
— Richard Armour. McGraw-Hill, 1954.