Step by step instructions to download eBooks
Step 1 - Download and install free software
- You need to download and install the free software that allows you to enjoy the type(s) of materials you are interested in.
- To download Adobe eBooks on your computer, you need Adobe® Digital Editions.
- To download and install Adobe Digital Editions, click here.
- To download Adobe EPUB eBooks on your Android or iPhone device, you need OverDrive Media Console v2.0 (or newer).
- To download and install OverDrive Media Console, click here.
- To download OverDrive titles, you need OverDrive Media Console™. OverDrive Media Console is available for…
- Android v1.5 (or newer)
- BlackBerry v4.5 (or newer)
- iPhone® OS v4.0 (or newer)
- Mac OS® v10.4.9 (or newer)
- Windows® 98 SE (or newer)
- Windows Mobile® 5 and 6
Step 2 - Activate the software
- Next, you may need to take steps to activate the software you installed in Step 1.
- Adobe Digital Editions requires activation. Adobe Digital Editions can be activated anonymously or by using an Adobe ID. Anonymous activation allows you to download and read DRM-protected eBooks on a single computer only. Activating using an Adobe ID allows you to download and read DRM-protected eBooks on multiple computers and transfer them to supported eBook devices.
- OverDrive Media Console for Android and iPhone may require activation. If you want to read Adobe EPUB eBooks you need to activate your device using an Adobe ID.
- OverDrive Media Console for Windows requires a security upgrade. OverDrive Media Console for Windows utilizes Windows Media® Player 9 Series (or newer) to play DRM-protected files. The first time that Windows Media Player attempts to open a DRM-protected file, it will alert you that a security upgrade must be performed before the file can be opened. The upgrade takes just a few moments.
Only OverDrive Media Console for Windows requires a security upgrade. All other versions of OverDrive Media Console do not require security upgrades.
- OverDrive MP3 Audiobooks do not require the Windows Media Player Security Upgrade.
Step 3 - Check out, download, and enjoy
- Browse or search this site for downloadable materials.
- When you find a title you're interested in, add it to the Cart.
- Click on the "Proceed to Checkout" link and enter your full library card number, found on the top of your card. If there is a letter or symbol in your number, replace it with the number "0". If you have questions, please call the library at #319-656-3501.
- Once you have checked out a title, a download page is displayed.
- Click the 'Download' link to start the download.
- When the download is complete, open and enjoy the title.
- You will never accrue late fees with titles you download from this website. Titles expire at the end of the loan period, and they are automatically returned to the library.
Explore your options…
- Search for materials using the advanced search page. If you come across a title that you are interested in checking out, you can add it to your 'My Wish List'.
- If a title is not available, you can place it on hold.